What's New 🌟
- Fixing an issue with the rendering of the Golden Spiral
- Improving the check for when a golden-spiral cannot be drawn
- In the golden-grid mode, the window aspect-ratio is locked to the golden ratio
- The curve fitting of the golden spiral is much better now.
- Adds additional keyboard shortcuts for Italian keyboard. This accommodates some missing keys.
- TAB key can also be used to switch modes in tools that support mode-switching.
- Fixes an issue where the Ruler angle was not reflected correctly on the Touch Bar slider.
- Bug fixes and other improvements
- Added a tab for the Essential shortcuts in the Shortcut Viewer. This tab shows all the shortcuts available in the Menubar.
- On the Shortcut Viewer, the title bar has an option to show a generated HTML page of shortcuts.
- Introducing Live contrast checking between foreground and background colors. Use the B key to set a background color and check live contrast against the active color. Contrast checking can be toggled with the T key.
- Mouse tracking shortcut has been changed to M. The icon on the toolbar has also been changed to a cursor to better indicate mouse tracking.
- Retina mode is now indicated on the Lens toolbar. Use the R key to toggle retina sub-pixels for displays that support it.
- A brand new design for preview HTML sheet, which includes all color-blind values for every color.
- Fixed an issue with zooming via scroll-wheel, track pad or slider that caused the pixel-grid to shift.
- You can now move the mouse over the Ruler to see its relative position. This only applies when the Ruler is horizontal or vertical.
- Snapshots are now copied to clipboard, or saved to file, without the grid. This is the new default. Hold the Shift key to copy / save with the grid. This also applies when you use the Camera icon on the Frame info window.
- Fixed a crash that happens for some locales
- Fixed a crash that happens when the app loads for the first time
- You can now toggle Retina sub-pixels using the shortcut: 'R'. This will affect displays that support Retina pixels. By default it is turned off and simplifies picking colors.
- Notifications where a screenshot is captured are now consistent across tools.
- New Notifications have been added for some of the keyboard driven actions.
- Online Documentation is now available. You can visit it from the Help Menu or from the About pane of Preferences.
- Preferences window is now more streamlined with all advanced options moved into its own pane.
- You now have the option to hide the Dock icon and keep just the Menubar status item.
- Welcome tour has navigable buttons for the tools on the starting slide. Click on a tool to jump straight to it in the tour.
- Several bug fixes and styling tweaks
- New zoom controls have been introduced in the info-window.
- Improved the sensitivity of scroll-based-zoom on Lens window, for more predictable zooming.
- The overlay mode of Lens is now shown correctly.
- Shows a visual indication of "Outside Bounds" when the center moves outside of all screen bounds. This can happen when using keyboard shortcuts to move the center.
- Guides can now be snapped to the nearest edge while dragging. Hold the SHIFT key while dragging to snap guides.
- Movement of the mouse center by keyboard shortcuts are kept inside the screen bounds.
- Similarly, movement of the monocle by keyboard shortcuts are also kept within screen bounds.
- Movement of the mouse location by keyboard shortcuts are kept inside the screen bounds. This is true for both the Crosshair and Distance modes.
- Complete overhauling of the UX with the latest macOS Technologies.
- Touch Bar support for Macs that have it.
- Better tracking of active tool in the Tool Palette.
- A good dose of animations when performing tool actions.
- Much improved Shortcuts Viewer.
- Smooth zooming from 1X to 64X
- Pixel selection is maintained across zoom levels and scales accordingly
- Multiple palettes can now be created and saved
- Ruler has been merged with the previously known Tape tool with support for rotations and angle measurements.
- Ruler can be resized from both sides, even when rotated.
- Length of the ruler can be reduced to 0px
- Improved readability of labels even when rotated
- Snapping of ruler angles to 5° and 90°.
- Guides can be selected with single and multi-selection
- Animated change in shapes
- Introduced a new mode: Bounding Box. This allows you to drag a selection on the desktop around an element to measure its dimensions.
- Measurements for Distance Mode and Bounding Box mode can be persisted on the screen.
- All edge detections are now done using Metal Compute Shaders, which run on the GPU at blazing speeds.
- Copyright © 2021 PIXELINGENE LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- Photoshop ® is registered trademark of Adobe Inc.
- Latest release build: